Hello wdmaudiodev people!
I am developing an APO and, because I need it to be compatible back to
Windows 7, I need to register it as an LFX on Win7.
On the other hand, it will mostly be used on Win10 in which case I'd like
it to load/run as an SFX (in order to take advantage of SFX-specific
features it can offer to Apps).
In my Installer .inf I have 2 relevant entries: one which registers my APO
as LFX, and the other as SFX. I am testing on Win10 and I see both (LFX,
SFX) registry keys. I can also see/hear that my APO is functioning fine
but I can't be sure whether on this Win10 machine my APO is running as SFX
(as I would like) ... and so to my compound question:
- Is it ok to have mutliple registrations (eg LFX, SFX) for my APO in a
- Should that single .inf work on Win7 thru Win10 and:
- Register my APO as LFX on Win7
- Register my APO as SFX for Win 8.1 and above
- Is there some handy debugger/utility that I can use to tell at runtime
whether my APO is loading as an LFX or SFX?