[wdmaudiodev] Problem in Volume Support for AVStream based Render Filter.

  • From: swapnil kamble <swap.kamble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:58:13 +0530

Hello All,
             I have a Render filter based on AVStream working perfectly. Now
I am trying to add volume support for this filter. Since it is a Render
filter just like a speaker, so I want add Volume support in it. This filter
does appear in listing of Default Playback Devices. For Volume support I
have added Volume and Mute Nodes.

My Wave topology looks like this,
                                           SINK(Render Pin)
->Volume->Mute->DAC->Bridge.
As this is based on AVStream I do not have a separate Topology filter.

So when I select it as a default device from "Control Panel->Sound and Audio
Devices", and selects volume. I get few default M$ supported Volume Options
like (Wave,SW Synth,CD Player). I have inserted Master Volume too in them.
It appears too. But in the listing of "Adjust Volume For" Categery (Control
Panel->Sound and Audio
Devices->Audio->Volume->Options->properties->MyRenderFilter) it is appearing
under Recording instead of Playback. I have attached snap of it for more
clarification. Please ignore this if this is against rules of this mailing
list. And Sound icon which appears on taskbar after selecting it as default,
is also not coming, checkbox to enable it is also disabled.

Does anyone has any idea about this ?

Is there anyone who has done Volume Support for Render Filter based on
AVStream ?

Thanks and Regards,
--
...Swapnil

|| Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare ||
|| Hare Rama    Hare Rama   Rama   Rama    Hare Hare ||