[wdmaudiodev] Re: PortCls does not revoke mappings before hibernation

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <barefeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:33:18 +1100

Hi Eugene,

I just found this comment inside the IMiniportWavePciStream::SetState
function of one of my drivers:

// Normally KSSTATE_STOP won't be entered until all mappings have been

// released or revoked, except when going to sleep. To handle this case,

// we firstly terminate any DMA activity on the stream and then release

// any mappings from the released queue. Any mappings in the waiting

// queue are kept for use when reawakened.

The driver was originally based on the AC97 WavePci example of some ancient
vintage, but I'm not sure whether the comment came from that or is something
I wrote. Anyway, it confirms that mappings aren't revoked before entering
KSSTATE_STOP when going into hibernation.

Jeff