[wdmaudiodev] OT: WinDbg Setup

  • From: "Jay Schwichtenberg" <jays@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WdmAudio" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:30:14 -0800

Howdy,

Maybe someone can answer a question I have about WinDbg. From the
documentation it looks like you can set it up to work over a network. But as
far as I can tell it only says how to set the transport layer on the host
and not the target. Also it is unclear whether or not you can use the
network or have to use a serial link for kernel (ie driver) debugging vs
user mode debugging.

Could someone comment please?

It's going to be used to debug some WDM kernal mode streaming audio drivers.
So any general suggestions or watch outs on setting this puppy up between
two XP Pro machines with a peer to peer network or over a serial line would
be helpful.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays to everyone out there.
Jay