[wdmaudiodev] MSVAD capture driver problem

  • From: 岩下 博一 <hiro.iwashita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 02:40:03 +0900

Hello.

I have a problem. Hope you can help me.

I created the audio capture driver based on DDK's sample MSVAD.
I implemented CopyFrom() to let it work as a capture driver.
The driver outputs 440Hz sound which is PCM data 22.05kHz 16bits stereo.
Also I created the DirectShow application.
The application uses my driver as capture filter and renders the sound.

Mostly my driver works fine.
However when I start TaskManager, VolumeControl or IE in WinXP,
the sound becomes scratchy or distorted.
When virus scan also runs, it occurs.
In a short time, it goes back.
On investigation, it seems that it doesn't occur in Win2K.

The sound is heard like the sample data shifts 1 byte.
And just before the state, the driver becomes pause state a little while.

What happens in my driver ?
How can I prevent my driver from going to this state ?

Best Regard,
Hirokazu Iwashita