[wdmaudiodev] LFX APOs for UAA USB

  • From: "Alexandra Schoepel \(Ally\)" <Alexandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:49:36 -0700

Hi Guys,

I am trying to add and test an LFX APO with a UAA-compliant USB device.
We have verified this same APO with a UAA-compliant HD Audio device
thanks to the DDK example.  For now, I am using a pair of HP USB
speakers which uses the "(Generic USB Audio)" driver.  The reason I am
using the generic driver is we need to support and describe the inf
setup for the APO on a USB device to the OEM; however, the OEM's driver
is not yet ready.

So, I tried modifying the inf file from the HD Audio example in the DDK
to use USB Audio instead.  When I update the driver, it looks promising,
however at the very end it denies loading it, citing a generic error:

        "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered
and error while attempting to install it."
        "The class installer has denied the request to install or
upgrade this device."

Obviously, it could be any number of things.  However, I was wondering:

        1) Are there important differences I probably overlooked when
                making this change from HD Audio to USB Audio?
        2) Is it possible what I am trying to do is not permitted (on
the Generic USB Audio driver)?
        3) Can you identify a way I can get more information about the
error or
                preparing an APO for UAA-compliant USB Audio devices?

Thanks so much for all your support!

Regards,
Ally