[wdmaudiodev] KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID problems

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:06:02 +0200

Hi everyone,

I now have (almost) completed my generic virtual MIDI-driver.
Works like a charm so far.

One thing that I cannot seem to get going is the ability to
hand up my specific Manufacturer & Product GUID through the
KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID.

I have added this property to the table I took from the
MPU401 sample:

static PCPROPERTY_ITEM SynthProperties[] = {
        {
                &KSPROPSETID_General,
                KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID,
                KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET | KSPROPERTY_TYPE_BASICSUPPORT,
                PropertyHandler_Synth
        }
};

But my "PropertyHandler_Synth" function I also took from the
MPU401 is never called (testing on XP SP3).

I have tried to retrieve this information by calling
midiInGetDevCaps using the MIDIINCAPS2 structure, but
I always get back some other GUIDs (probably the ones
stating that this driver is from MS).

Any pointers would be highly welcome...

Best regards,
Tobias

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*