[wdmaudiodev] Re: KMixer sampling rate conversion errors

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:29:39 +1000

> [1]  There are also other known kmixer bugs, eg:
> -the level of the audio signal is always reduced by 5.5dB (during
playback,
> even if the samplerate is not converted).
> -the samplerate is always converted to 48kHz, even if the hardware device
> supports other rates (during record)
> Uwe Kirst

The default wave output level setting in Windows 2000 is -6dB, but under XP
this was changed to 0dB.

On capture I have only observed it converting everything to 48kHz when it
needs to convert from mono to stereo or vice versa. When the hardware
supports both the sampling rate and the number of channels requested it
doesn't do any sampling rate conversion (at least with our hardware - I use
WavePci - maybe it is different under WaveCyclic?).

Jeff Pages