[wdmaudiodev] Intercepting Audio Data Going to Sound Card

  • From: Bhaskar <abc.bhaskar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:15:22 +0530

Dear Team,

I want to intercept the audio data going to the default sound device,
apply some changes to the data and then give it to the sound device.

I searched for the possible solutions and found the following two options:

1. Develop a Filter Driver which sits above the sound card driver.
2. Develop a Virtual Audio Driver. Kindly suggest the best option.

I started with second option using msvad. After installing msvad
simple, I selected it as default output sound device from control
panel. Now the data comes from the application to driver.

Here the point is if I route the modified data to sound device, since
it is not default one, data will not be played. Is it possible to
capture data, modifying and routing to sound device using msvad.

Regards.