[wdmaudiodev] Re: InstallSubdevice and friendly names in multiple instances of audio driver

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:47:18 +1100

I'm not sure when you say "dynamic" if you mean changing over time or
whether you just want to have more than one instance of the same subdevice,
as you originally said. If it's the latter, you can do that easily enough by
defining GUIDs for each of your subdevice names in your INF file and then
selecting the appropriate one in your topology initialisation when creating
the bridge pins, e.g.

                INIT_PIN (PIN_MASTEROUT_DEST,
                                CurrentPin,
                                &KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR,
                                SubdeviceName[SubdeviceInstance],

where SubdeviceName is an array of GUIDs corresponding to the names defined
in the INF file.

Jeff