[wdmaudiodev] Re: Inf2Cat does not use String-expansion

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:23:06 +0000

I suspect this is an artifact of the [Strings] original intent, which was
localization. The list of files in the driver package is not expected to change
from language to language, and the location of the catalog file is not expected
to change from language to language.

It would be an interesting experiment to manually build a .cat file that was
referenced with a CatalogFile=%placeholder%.cat and see if PnP could find the
.cat, which means it did the string replacement at install time.