[wdmaudiodev] IRP based waiting for an audio driver

  • From: Noam Taich <grolich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:29:56 -0800 (PST)

I have a virtual audio driver. I need the driver to
communicate with a certain application.

The application (occasionally) needs to wait for the
driver, and when something important occurs, the
driver notifies the application to continue, along
with sending a few bits of data.

I have chosen the IRP based approach (sending an
IOCTL, returning PENDING from the driver as in the
event sample) because I also need to exchange data.

However, the driver is created with the port class
functions, and after PcInitializeAdapterDriver, for
instance, all the major function (actually, all
functions) are already set up by the port class.

I'd like to avoid overriding the port class's
functions. Is there any mechanism for doing that for
audio drivers?

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.