[wdmaudiodev] Hidden MIDI "cable" ends

  • From: stevejet@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:19:42 -0500

Hello,

Please excuse the fact that I have had no formal training, and have learnt what
I know of Windows programming as need has arisen.

I have developed a DXi host, which connects to a sequencer such as Sonar or
Cubase. To make the connection I use one "cable" from the host to the
sequencer, and two "cables" from the sequencer to the host.

I have studied the DDK and, based on the DMusUart and FMsynth examples, managed
to create the required IMiniportMidi loop-back driver.

All works well except that I would like to hide the "cable" ends that the host
uses, such that they are not available to the sequencer (or any other
application).

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how this may be achieved.

Regards,
Steve.