Hello wdmaudiodev people.
I have a query on a topic which I've seen before on this list, but I was
not able to find complete info...here's my query:
- I have an SFX APO that does 8ch in -> 2ch out "Virtual Surround" DSP
which I use to do virtual surround for USB (Stereo) Headphones
- I would like my APO/Headphone combo to appear to Windows as an
8-channel device: that is to say when I hit the "Configure" button I want
to see "7.1 Surround" (as I would if the hardware was actually 8ch, not
just virtually so thanks to my APO)
So the question is
- What is the simplest way to accomplish this?
- Do I need to write a custom USB Driver?
- Or is there a simpler way like maybe adding .inf reg entries
alongside my APO reg stuff?
- Could a Virtual Audio Driver help? And if so how can I "attach" my
APO exclusively to that VAD?
Appreciate your help!