[wdmaudiodev] GAudit and KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT (GET)

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 17:53:13 +0700

Hello!

Recently I have implemented KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET in
KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT handling (KSPROPERTY_TYPE_SET was
implemented earlier and works normally). Testing my driver with
GAudit, I always get failures on all 16.200:400.13.x cases (KS
properties\KSPROPSETID_Pin\KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT\xxx). On
log level 10, each case reports only follwing messages:

  Property SET is supported
  Property GET is supported
  Failed to retrieve pin property

I set breakpoints on the property handler and saw that it called
exactly two times for each case. Each time the handler is called with
KSPROPERTY_TYPE_BASICSUPPORT flag and output buffer size 4. As
required, my driver returns only access flags (KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET |
KSPROPERTY_TYPE_SET) and STATUS_SUCCESS. No calls with flags other
than KSPROPERTY_TYPE_BASICSUPPORT are made. The handler never fails
PROPOSEDATAFORMAT requests received from GAudit.

If I disable GET support by removing KSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET from
AccessFlags, all these cases are passes successfully.

Tried x86 GAudit from WLKs 1.6.8367 and 1.2.6475, both from wlk and wlk\xp
subdirectories. All four behave exactly the same way.

Tried with other audio drivers but none of them support
PROPOSEDATAFORMAT/GET so these cases are passes successfully.

Is there the same GAudit bug in different WLK releases or such
BASICSUPPORT requests must be processed a special way?

Regards,
Eugene