[wdmaudiodev] Re: Filter capabilities

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:03:21 +0200

Hi Tim,

Tim Roberts skrev 2010-09-21 18:56:
I assume you're getting a range of formats back, not just a single
format.  Is that right?

Yes, for the first part, I can see that the data ranges are queried. So the
driver reports back that
sr44100 ch2 bits16 is a valid format. But when I try to create the pin via
KsCreatePin, it fails.

However, sr48000 ch2 bits16 works fine. I suppose this is a driver bug for the
SoundMax. It shouldn't report
44100 Hz as within the range of capability, rather 48000 Hz. Unless it can
support 32000 and less... but
that seems unlikely.

There is really no way to query a pin's formats non-intrusively.  The
generic capabilities that get reported by the uninstantiated filter are
merely the union of all of the possible formats that the pin might be
able to support, if the conditions were right.

Mmm... was afraid of that. Ah well, I'll just have to stop the streaming while
I query for capabilities.

Thanks
/R