[wdmaudiodev] DMUS Port Init Failure

  • From: Philip Lukidis <plukidis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:41:37 -0500

Hello,

There is an issue with my DMus MIDI (CLSID_PortDMus) driver initialization on a
third party machine to which I have no access.  WPP traces gathered by the
third party via Logman indicate that the IPort::Init interface failed with
status:0xc0000034(STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND).  My own miniport was
successfully created just prior to this call.  Now this only occurs on the
machine's USB 3 port, and there is no issue on the standard EHCI controller
port.  I confess I'm not even sure to which name the error refers; it cannot be
the subdevice name registered via PcRegisterSubdevice, as that would be called
after IPort::Init:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff538390(VS.85).aspx

Could anyone shed any light on just what the failure could be?

thank you,

Philip Lukidis