[wdmaudiodev] DMA mode?

  • From: Pallavi Joshi <pallavi.v.joshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:55:53 -0700

Hi All,

I am developing an ASIO driver using kernel streaming. To increase the audio
latency, I want to use DMA (Direct Memory Access) for communication between
my device and my ASIO driver. In my ASIO driver, I am using the
DeviceIoControl function with IOCTL_KS_READ_STREAM and IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM
as the control codes for reading/writing data from my USB audio device.
Thus, I need to figure out a way which can operate my USB audio device in
the DMA mode. Note that I am using kernel streaming pins here, thus there
might be a way of telling the kernel streaming filter to operate in the DMA
mode. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that though.

If anyone has any pointers for me, please write back. Your help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Pallavi