[wdmaudiodev] Audio/MIDI combo device and AVStream support

  • From: "Stephan Kappertz" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WDMAUDIODEV" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:56:33 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing a driver for a audio/MIDI combo device. I'm using the AVStream
framework for all audio functionality as the device is not PCI based. But
what about MIDI? Is MIDI I/O streaming supported by AvStream? If so, are
there any samples out there how to do that? If not, am I supposed to connect
to PortClass for the MIDI part of the device? Or do I even have to write an
old style MME type MIDI driver?

Thanks,
    Stephan