[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: Re: Default device changed self-acting

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:14:54 -0700

Sam Tertzakian wrote:

Hi,

Why is this message all in code? I would really like to read it because I
have also had this same problem of the default device in the past.

It seems that many of the messages from Frank Yerrace are encoded this way.

Some e-mail programs do base64 encoding of all of the messages they send, or at least they allow the user to select such a thing. This can actually be beneficial for people that do a lot of communication with east Asia, because multibyte character sets survive better if they are base64 encoded.

In a normal e-mail, the MIME section is marked as being text/plan with base64 encoding, and most mailers can handle it. However, most mailing list software is programmed to strip out all of the MIME trappings and just send the body as plain text, in order to avoid binary attachments and trojans. That results in stuff like this.

As a public service, here is Frank's message, decoded: