[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream virtual audio driver: different sound quality dependently on the number of CPU cores.

  • From: "alexander ivash" <elderorb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 17:30:59 +0300

Your framing structure is basically just a suggestion. There is a negotiation between the elements of the graph, but ultimately the graph controller (the Audio Engine, in this case) makes the final decision.

It might be interesting for you to do some cycle-counter timings to see if your callbacks are happening with sufficient regularity. Having a 10ms timer is problematic because that's shorter than the normal scheduler interval.

Well, it seems to be working fine so far. But if it wouldn't work, I'm not sure what is the best approach then... If it is not possible to force custom framing, let say 4 times bigger frame than standard one then do I understand correctly that it might be required to calls KsAttemptProcessing from slower-than-10ms DPC several times (for example, for 40ms DPC and 10ms frame there should be 4 calls of KsAttemptProcessing?).

Probably this can be solved more correctly in pin-centric approach, but I just want to ensure I fully understand how can it be workarounded for filter-centric. Based on what I read KsAttemptProcessing is filter-centric way, and stream pointer manipulations is pin-centric way.

Regards, Alexander

URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: