[wdmaudiodev] AVStream driver as a both Capture and Renderer Filter

  • From: "swapnil kamble" <swap.kamble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:33:33 +0530

Hello All,
                     I am having problems in designing topology for my
driver. I have developed Capture/Renderer filter with following topology
works perfectly fine for me.

//                    --------------------------
//                   |                             |
//                   |     (1) ------------ (0)   |
//Bridge 1   o--|-->o--|Vol Node|--o>--|--o 0  Comm. Both Pin
//                   |           ------------       |      (WaveIn 1,2)
//                   |                              |
                        ________________

*Capture Pin  = Pin 0

*Then for renderer filter, inverse the direction with pins too. so my
topology looks like

//                  |   (1) ------------ (0)     |
//           1 o--|-->o--|Vol Node|--o>--|--o 0  Bridge Pin
//  Comm      |        ------------          |
//   Both pin   |                             |
//  (WaveOut 1,2)

*Renderer Pin = Pin 2*

This also works fine for me.

But when I combine both of them and make topology as,

//                    --------------------------
//                   |                            |
//                   |     (1) ------------ (0)  |
//Bridge 1 o--|-->o--|Vol Node|--o>--|--o 0  Comm Both Pin
//                   |           ------------     |      (WaveIn 1,2)
//                   |
//                  |  (1) ------------ (0)      |
//           2 o--|-->o--|Vol Node|--o>--|--o 3  Bridge Pin
//  WaveOut  |         ------------          |
//                 |                               |
//                   --------------------------

I *assume *here that my pin *0 will become capture pin and pin 2 will become
renderer pin*. Is there anything mismatching between my assumption and my
topology ?

When I create and  render or capture filter the dispatch routines of the
respective filters are not called. Instead capture pin is taken as a Pin 2,
which should be renderer pin. Pin 0 is not at all considered.

Is there something missing here,when we combine both the things ?

Thanks.

--
...Swapnil

|| Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare ||
|| Hare Rama    Hare Rama   Rama   Rama    Hare Hare ||