[wdmaudiodev] AVStream Audio Rendering

  • From: "Zack Farmsworth" <kpeter6448@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:51:21 -0700

Greetings,
I'm trying to implement an audio rendering pin for my AVStream-based driver. Using GraphEdit, I see two different behaviors. When rendering a WAV file using my device under "WDM Streaming Rendering Devices" everything seems to work fine ( receive all the data, stream pointer advances, etc. ). However, when using my device under the "Audio Renderers" category, I receive about 2-3 seconds worth of data and then the rest of the data that I receive is silence (all zeros). All the data in the buffer pointed to by LeadingPtr->Offset->Data is zero, while the number of bytes remaining reads 1920 (the size of my frame). Any ideas or solutions as to why I would see these behaviors? I'm not sure why one works as expect while the other doesn't. I know the "Audio Renderers" category uses the Legacy APIs, I'm just not sure what limitations that might include.

Thanks,
Zack