[waysome] I propose the release of v0.1 of the Specification. Suggestions?

  • From: Matthias Beyer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ML Waysome <waysome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 21:03:21 +0100

Hi,

as the document size increases faster and faster, I would like to
propose the first release, version 0.1 of the document!

Let me summarize what we have done so far. What we have:

    - An abstract
    - A slogan
    - Requirements, including
        - Functional requirements
        - Non-functional requirements
        - Required foreknowledge for project members
    - Fields of experience a project member can gain via the project
    - Explanation of the project repositories
    - Explanation and selection of the best git workflow for the
      project
    - Coding and Documentation styleguide

The next merge cycle will also introduce:

    - An introduction
    - The basic module setup for the project
    - A documentation of the previous meetings (maybe)

These are the visible parts. We have also a working CI setup for the
documentation repository and we have a good setup for scripting
graphics.

What we need until v0.1:

    - Entry on the top page for Nadja (including her matriculation
      number)

I don't think we need a iteration for spelling and syntax by now. We
should fix the most ugly mistakes, but a version 0.1 mustn't be
perfect at all!

-snip-

What comes next?

I would like to do the next merge cycle as soon as possible. After
that merge cycle I would like to iterate over the document to fix the
most obvious bugs (spelling and so on, not content). After that I
would like to merge the prepare-v0.1 branch into the master branch of
the repository and tag it (with a very verbose tag message) as "v0.1".

-snip-

What do I expect from you now?

Please tell me what you think about this idea! If you think this is a
good idea, I would like to fix a date for the last merge cycle before
v0.1! Maybe we can do this next week (not all project members are
required to be present).

You can, if you want, start spelling fixes. Anyway, they might be
rebased onto the next version of prepare-v0.1 after the next
merge-cycle.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,