[The-L] Fwd: Nomination Papers Reminder

  • From: tdexter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: warwicklist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 21:10:34 -0500

To All Warwick Residents,

We are fast approaching the Spring Town Elections and the Annual Town Meeting. We are running short on candidates for several offices in town. See Rosa's notes below where she has provided all of the needed information to obtain nomination papers and deadlines, along with all open positions including seats up for re-election. We really need these positions filled in order for our town government to operate smoothly. There are a lot of dedicated people doing a lot of voluntary work behind the scenes. There a lot of people in town that are on the L and the town facebook page that follow what is going on, We the members of the Select board are asking for folks to step forward and take out nomination papers. I know there are those who say they are too busy, or do not have time. It is like anything else, we just have to make the time if and do it. Even I had no idea how many people in town are taking part in committees and groups doing their part working for a cause they believe in. Right now we are facing one of the biggest realities ever to face Warwick, permanent closure of the Warwick Community School. The School Committee is taking this up at their March 28th meeting at the Pioneer Regional School. Once they vote, and if the vote is closure Warwick's school will closed for next September. We will have a big empty building that the town has to figure out how to repurpose and pay for. You would not believe how many people have been involved for the last two years working on this, our own Warwick Community Education Task Force is made up completely of residents. Some are holding duel rolls such as School Committee Members, other town boards and committees all trying to work things out. The PVRSD deficit is not new, this has been piling up for many years. We need your help in running our town, most everyone is volunteer and some positions have a small stipend but that is not the reason people do this. I want to encourage folks to contact Rosa and pull the papers and run. Take your sheet to the library or the transfer station and get them signed. If you have questions call the town clerk or ask someone that already holds a town office. Also, please attend the annual town meeting in May and vote at the election.

Thank you,

Todd Dexter
Selectmen