[warlock] matters at hand

  • From: Neil Santos <ne0_akt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: warlock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:15:53 +0800

>> [Monday] 01/07/2002 :: 01:04 -- NEWMSG

i've started writing an online BB from scratch.  figured writing
something from scratch would be easier trying to learn and adapt and
fix other people's code.

this -WILL- take a while.  two months, if every drop of luck in the
world decides to side with us.  college begins later today (it's the
first of July here).  well...  college orientation begins later today,
but it's the same thing.

classes will probably start next week.  figures something like this
would happen--something i can't get out of interrupts me when i'm
roaring to finish something.

anyway...  there's something we need to discuss guys.

i know liquid's hosting our site at mysticsupport.com is an act of
generosity on liquid's part.  but does anyone aside from me think that
this might cause misunderstanding for people?

it's no worldwide secret that most (i think all...) of the mods
Warlock has released so far is for Mystic.  doesn't anyone think that
our being hosted at mysticsupport.com would make some people think
that we're Mystic wookwooks?

not that i have anything against Mystic...  it's just that the
original view of the group was that it wasn't going to be tied down to
any particular platform:  be it hardware- of software-wise.

okay...  off the record, i think being an ``en masse'' group might
become a problem for us in the long run.  if the majority wants to
stick with that, however, i'd keep mum.

sooo...  i guess that past four paragraphs lead to this question:

do we still stick with the original plan, or should we just scratch
that and stick with Mystic for mods?

and what's the news on the organization of the next pack?  i thought
Alla_Xul was gonna do something on the way we pack our shit up?
haven't heard anything from anyone in a while.

welp...  gotta go.  i hear college calling out my name.  i have to
kick butt.  later guys.  stay frosty.

... Bad or missing mouse. Spank the cat? (Y/Y)