[WADNet Post] Dec 11: Religious Updates

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:39:20 -0600

RELIGIOUS UPDATES
--  Dec 3-31: Services at NorthBridge Church, Antioch IL
--  Dec 6-Jan 1: St. John, Green Bay Catholic Mass Schedule
--  Dec 8-31: St. Dennis, Madison Catholic Mass Schedule
--  Dec 8-17: Bethlehem Marketplace at Elmbrook Church, Brookfield
--  Dec 16 & 17: Christmas Drama at Cornerstone Worship Center
--  Dec 17 & 24: Christmas Events at Our Savior Deaf Lutheran, Madison
--  Dec 24: Christmas Eve Deaf Worship with Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry

REGULAR INTERPRETED/DEAF SERVICES BY LOCATION
--  Monthly Ecumenical Deaf Worship, Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry, Appleton
--  Monthly Interpreted Services, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Appleton
--  Weekly Interpreted Church Services, Elmbrook Church, Brookfield
-- Twice Monthly Interpreted Church Services, Brookfield Lutheran Church, Brookfield -- Weekly Interpreted Sunday Services/Deaf Sunday School, East Delavan Baptist Church, Delavan
--  Weekly Interpreted Services, Grace Lutheran Church, Eau Claire
-- Twice Monthly Services for the Deaf, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Eau Claire -- Weekly Interpreted Church Services, Cornerstone Worship Center, Fond du Lac
--  Interpreted Services, Tri-County Baptist Church, Franklin
--  Interpreted Services, Christian Life Center, Germantown
--  Weekly Interpreted Services, Eastbrook Church, Glendale
--  Mass in Sign and Spoken English, St. John the Evangelist, Green Bay
--  Deaf Ministry, Highland Crest Baptist Church, Green Bay
--  Interpreted Services, Calvary Gospel Church, Madison
--  Weekly Interpreted Mass, St. Dennis Catholic Church, Madison
--  Weekly Worship in ASL, Our Savior Deaf Lutheran Church, Madison
-- Monthly Interpreted Mass, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Manitowoc
--  Weekly Services, Bible Classes at Falls Baptist Church, Menomonee Falls
--  Weekly Interpreted Services, Abundant Life Apostolic Church, Oconomowoc
--  Deaf Bible Study, Shepherd of the Hills Church, Onalaska
--  Interpreted Worship, All Saints Lutheran Church, Oshkosh
--  Interpreted Mass, St. Raphael Catholic Parish, Oshkosh
Dec 3-31: Services at NorthBridge Church, Antioch IL

Hello. We are inviting you to our church, Northbridge in Antioch, IL.
We meet at Antioch Community High School
1133 N. Main St., Antioch, IL

We have interpreters and real-time captioning on alternating weeks at 10:45 a.m. service.
Except for Christmas Eve - they will have it at 10 a.m.

We offer Children's classes from Nursery to 8th grade during services.
Contemporary music and casual attire!

December 3rd - Real time captioning
December 10 - ASL interpreter
December 17 - Real time captioning
December 24 - at 10 a.m. ASL interpreter
December 31 - real time captioning

For more information, contact Rosemary Edwards at croppingrose2@xxxxxxx

   (Contributed by Rosemary Edwards, WADNet Reader)

Dec 6-Jan 1: St. John, Green Bay Catholic Mass Schedule

Deaf Community Events in December at St John’s Catholic Church in Green Bay

WED 12/06  7:00 p.m.
 Bible Study for Adults in the Parish Office front room

FRI 12/08  5:30 p.m.
 Holy Day Signed Liturgy-Immaculate Conception of Mary

SUN 12/10  10:30 a.m.
 Signed Liturgy with St Nick Party to follow: Food-Fun-Fellowship

WED 12/13  5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
 Intergenerational Whole Parish Faith Festival

SUN 12/17  10:30 a.m.
 Signed Liturgy

SUN 12/17  7:00 p.m.
 Signed Advent Penance Service

SUN 12/24  9:00 a.m.
 Signed Mass

SUN 12/24  3:00 p.m.
 Signed Christmas Eve Mass

SUN 12/31  9:00 a.m.
 Signed Mass

SUN 01/01  10:30 a.m.
 Mary, Mother of God Signed Liturgy

   (Contributed by Nancy Mooren, Green Bay Diocese)

Dec 8-31: St. Dennis, Madison Catholic Mass Schedule

Here is the schedule for CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR's at St. Dennis Catholic Church

* Feast of the Immaculate Conception - Dec. 8th at 7 am Mass (interpreted) -- Holy Day of Obligation
     *  Christmas Eve, Dec. 24: 9 am Mass (regular Sunday Mass)
     *  Christmas Eve, Dec. 24: 6 pm Mass (Children's Mass)
     *  Christmas Day, Dec. 25: 9 am Mass
     *  New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: 9 am Mass (regular Sunday Mass)

There will be no interpreted Mass on Sunday New Year's Eve night or Monday, New Year's day because it falls on a Monday, the Sunday Mass covers the holy day of obligation.

Also: Weekly Interpreted Mass on Sunday mornings 9 am, St. Dennis Catholic Church, 413 Dempsey Rd in MADISON.

   (Contributed by Bill Scherer, WADNet Reader)

Dec 8-17: Bethlehem Marketplace at Elmbrook Church, Brookfield

Bethlehem Marketplace at Elmbrook Church, Brookfield, WI
777 South Barker Road

Enter the busy village of Bethlehem.  Experience life when Jesus was born.

After registering with the census-taker and money-changers, you'll encounter carpenters, jewelry-makers, dyers and weavers, potters, metal workers and tradespeople of all types...plus animals - sheep, goats, donkeys and camels! You'll meet Roman Centurions, beggars, gossips and shepherds. And of course, at the end you will see the manger where you will meet the newborn baby Jesus.

Dates/Times
Friday, December 8, 5:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Saturday, December 9, 10:00 am - 8:15 pm
Sunday, December 10, 1:30 pm - 8:15 pm
Monday - Friday, December 11-15, 5:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Saturday, December 16, 10:00 am - 8:15 pm
Sunday, December 17, 1:30 pm - 8:15 pm
Open for seniors & special needs:  Friday, December 8, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Open for school groups: Monday - Friday, December 11-15, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm

Tickets are $3.00 each. Tickets will be sold at the door, but it is best to buy your tickets before you come because tours are scheduled to start every 15 minutes, and it helps the volunteers know when there will be many people or only a few people. You can buy tickets almost any time the church building is open--Monday through Friday and on Sundays. The ticket selling schedule is at the Elmbrook website: http://www.elmbrook.org and click on "Bethlehem Marketplace."

Church phone number is 262-786-7051 (voice).

   (Contributed by Paula Maciolek, WADNet Reader)

Dec 16 & 17: Christmas Drama at Cornerstone Worship Center

INTERPRETED CHRISTMAS DRAMA AT CORNERSTONE WORSHIP CENTER

Saturday December 16th at 7pm

Sunday December 17th at 7pm

Cornerstone Worship Center
240 N. National Avenue
Fond du Lac, WI 54935

920-923-4442  - please use relay

   (Contributed by: Kathleen Lamb, WADNet Reader)

Dec 17 & 24: Christmas Events at Our Savior Deaf Lutheran, Madison

Our Savior Deaf Lutheran Church will have a Christmas Fellowship Dinner on Sunday December 17. Join us for Christmas Worship at 9 45 am then Fellowship Dinner at noon. We ask you to volunteer bring a dish to pass. Free will Dinner will be provide.

Also, on Sunday December 24, there will be a morning Worship at 9 45 am and CANDLELIGHT SERVICE AT 10 PM. Come and join the celebrate of CHRISTmas' birth. We will serve refreshment after the Worship. Bring the whole family.

There will be NO Bible Study on December 26 at 11am and 6pm

Both events will be at
Our Savior Deaf Lutheran Church
3110 Dairy Dr, Madison, WI. 53716.

HAPPY HOLIDAY TO EVERYONE!

Any question, page to Dawn, DLPolzin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Dawn Polzin, WADNet Reader)

Dec 24: Christmas Eve Deaf Worship with Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry

Christmas Eve Deaf Worship with Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry
with HOC Choir

4:00pm

First United Methodist Church
325 E. Franklin Street (corner of Franklin and Drew Streets)
Appleton, WI

We will have a fellowship afterward with potluck snacks. Bring any snacks you would like to share.

Come join us and celebrate this holy night!

   (Contributed by: Sara Rhoades, WADNet Reader)

 REGULAR INTERPRETED / DEAF SERVICES BY LOCATION

== APPLETON ==
Monthly Ecumenical Deaf Worship, Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry, Appleton

Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry welcomes all
who wish to join in our monthly
Ecumenical Deaf Worship!

10:15 a.m. - 3rd Sunday each month

First United Methodist Church, small chapel
325 E. Franklin Street (corner of Franklin and Drew Streets)
Appleton, WI

For more information about how Hands of Christ serves the Deaf Community,
contact Pastor Gisele Berninghaus, hocdeaf@xxxxxxx or 920-968-1196 (Voice/TTY/VP).

   (Contributed by: Kathy Kamasky, WADNet Reader)

Weekly Interpreted Services, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Appleton

Emmanuel Baptist Church, Appleton
2020 E. John Street
Appleton, WI 54915
(920) 731-6101

10:45AM interpreted service every Sunday

Questions? Contact the church  731-6101
OR
Annette Woloszyn at 450-9113, email nettyterp@xxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Annette Woloszyn, WADNet Reader)

== BROOKFIELD ==
Weekly Interpreted Church Services, Elmbrook Church, Brookfield

Interpreted church service every Sunday 9:30AM

Elmbrook Church
777 South Barker Road
Brookfield

Interpreters can be requested for all Elmbrook events, too.

All are welcome!

Questions? Contact Laura Knoke, Interpreter Coordinator at 262.784.2756 (v/tty)

   (Contributed by: Paula Maciolek, WADNet reader)

Twice Monthly Interpreted Church Services, Brookfield Lutheran Church, Brookfield

Interpreted Church Services 9:00AM
Schedule for October, November and December
October 8th & 22nd
November 5th and 19th
December 3rd and 17th

Brookfield Lutheran Church
18500 W. Burleigh Road
Brookfield

   (Contributed by: Janet Kunz, WADNet reader)

== DELAVAN ==
Weekly Interpreted Sunday Services/Deaf Sunday School, East Delavan Baptist Church, Delavan

East Delavan Baptist Church would like to invite all Deaf people in the area to worship the Lord! East Delavan Baptist Church is a place where the Deaf can learn more about the Word of God. Only the Word of God is emphasized in this place.

We would like to announce our services time. Deaf Sunday School will continue to meet at 9:30 AM. We are going over the Gospel of John in the Sunday School class. Then there will be ASL interpretation provided for the worship service with the desire of having a Deaf Worship Service in ASL in the near future if there is enough attendance. Also, we recently added a Deaf Bible study time that will meet every Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Pastor Brian Lievens (Deaf) and his family recently moved to Elkhorn to minister to the Deaf people in the area. And they cannot wait to meet more people in the area!

Please check the church's website: www.eastdelavanbaptistchurch.org

Please feel free to contact Pastor Brian: blievens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or (262) 723-2348 (vp only)

   (Contributed by: Brian Lievens, East Delavan Baptist Church)

== EAU CLAIRE ==
Weekly Interpreted Services, Grace Lutheran Church, Eau Claire

Interpreted services are available at 8:30 every Sunday morning at Grace Lutheran Church, Eau Claire.

A delayed telecast is also shown on the local ABC TV station twice every week.

   (Contributed by: Helen Rizzi, WADNet Reader)

Twice Monthly Services for the Deaf, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Eau Claire

There are services for the Deaf at 2:00 pm on the first and second Sundays every month at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Eau Claire.

   (Contributed by: Helen Rizzi, WADNet Reader)

== FOND DU LAC ==
Weekly Interpreted Church Services, Cornerstone Worship Center, Fond du Lac

Interpreted church services at:

Cornerstone Worship Center
240 North National Avenue
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
(920)-923-4442  -- use relay

Sundays at 10:00am and 7:00pm
Thursday at 7:00pm

Nursery is provided during each service.
One on one Bible studies available upon request.

   (Contributed by: Kathleen Lamb, WADNet Reader)

== FRANKLIN ==
Interpreted Services, Tri-County Baptist Church, Franklin

Tri-County Baptist Church in Franklin, WI provide the interpreters for the deaf or hard of hearing during the morning services start at 11:00 am, along with Sunday evenings at 6:30 pm.

It is located south of Drexel Ave. and Hwy. 100 or Lovers Lane. The address of Tri-County Baptist Church is 8040 S. 100th Street, Franklin, WI 53132.

If you want more information, call the Tri-County Baptist Church at 427-7240, Pastor Clayton Jones and Associate Pastor Kenneth Jones.

   (Contributed by: Barbara Young, WADNet Reader)

== GERMANTOWN ==
Interpreted Services, Christian Life Center, Germantown

Christian Life Center in Germantown, WI.
All services are interpreted for the Deaf.
The address is W156 N9666 Pilgrim Road.  (Right next to Marko's Pizza)
Sunday AM starts at 10:00 and PM at 6:00.
Please contact Debbie at deafnsigns@xxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Debbie Ward, WADNet Reader)

== GLENDALE ==
Weekly Interpreted Services, Eastbrook Church, Glendale

Weekly Interpreted Church Services -- Glendale / North Shore area
Interpreted church service every Sunday 10:45 AM

EASTBROOK CHURCH
5353 N. Green Bay Road  (between Hampton and Silver Spring)
Glendale

Everyone welcome!

Interpreters can be requested for all Eastbrook events, too.

For more information, contact Kris Orkin at kporkin2954@xxxxxxx (home phone) 414-962-5297

   (Contributed by: Kristine Zimmer Orkin, WADNet reader)

== GREEN BAY ==
Mass in Sign and Spoken English, St. John the Evangelist, Green Bay

The St John Catholic Parish Community in downtown Green Bay invites you to join Fr Guy Blair to celebrate Mass in Sign Language and spoken English

9:00 a.m. - 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th Sundays
10:30 a.m.- 3rd Sunday of each month
St John the Evangelist Catholic Parish
Corner of St. John Street and Madison Street
Downtown Green Bay
St. John the Evangelist Parish Map: http://www.gbdioc.org/pg/map.tpl?psku=10288331535787755
Site #2 on the map

For more information about programs and services for the Deaf Community at St John the Evangelist Catholic Parish in Green Bay, contact Fr. Guy Blair at gablair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or by phone 920-436-6380.

   (Contributed by: Nancy Mooren, Green Bay Diocese)

Deaf Ministry, Highland Crest Baptist Church, Green Bay

Highland Crest Baptist Church Deaf Ministry

Sunday 9:00 a.m. Sunday school
Sunday 10:15 a.m. Interpreted  worship service

Wednesday night Bible study 6:30 p.m.
2nd Wednesday every other month fellowship meal at 6:30 p.m.

Phone number (920) 494-3647
TTY number (920) 494-5188
Check out our web page
www.highlandcrestbaptist.com

   (Contributed by: Aaron Jozwiak, Highland Crest Baptist Church)

== MADISON ==
Interpreted Services, Calvary Gospel Church, Madison

Calvary Gospel Church
5301 Commercial Ave.
Madison, WI 53704

Every Sunday evening service is interpreted, 6pm-8:30pm.
Deaf Bible Study is held at the church every Thursday evening from 7:15-9:00.
Contact Renee at: renee4809@xxxxxxxxxxx for more information.

   (Contributed by: Renee Thomas, WADNet Reader)

Weekly Interpreted Mass, St. Dennis Catholic Church, Madison

The Catholic Deaf Community invites you
to join us for
an interpreted Catholic Mass
every Sunday
at 9 am
at St. Dennis Catholic Church,
413 Dempsey Rd in Madison.

All are welcome!

   (Contributed by Sue Gudenkauf, WADnet Reader)

Weekly Worship in ASL, Our Savior Deaf Lutheran Church, Madison

Our Savior Deaf Lutheran Church
3110 Dairy Drive
Madison, WI 53716

Worship at 9:45 A.M., signed in A.S.L.
Also we have Bible Study with Lord's Supper every Tuesday at 10 A.M. except for 1st Tuesday at 11 A.M. or 6 P.M.

   (Contributed by Dawn Polzin, WADnet Reader)

== MANITOWOC ==
Monthly Interpreted Mass, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Manitowoc

The St Francis of Assisi Catholic Parish Community in Manitowoc invites you to join them for an

Interpreted Mass
on the first Saturday of every month
4:30 pm

St Francis of Assisi Catholic Parish
Waldo Blvd Site
Corner of Waldo Blvd and 14th Street
Manitowoc

   (Contributed by: Nancy Mooren, Green Bay Diocese)

== MENOMONEE FALLS ==
Weekly Services, Bible Classes at Falls Baptist Church, Menomonee Falls

Falls Baptist Church Deaf Ministry invite you to every service

Sundays
9:15 a.m.  for Sunday Bible Class

                   Deaf Ladies' Class
                   Deaf Men's Class
                   Deaf Teens' Class
                   Deaf Children's Class

10:45 a.m. Interpreted Service
6:00 p.m.  Interpreted Service

First Wednesday of month Deaf Service at 7:00 p.m.
Other Wednesdays Interpreted at 7:30 p.m.

A nursery will be provided

Falls Baptist Church
N69 W12703 Appleton Ave
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Website: www.fallsbaptist.org
E-mail: miltdianemoss@xxxxxxxxx
   (Contributed by: Richard Ehr, Falls Baptist Church)

== OCONOMOWOC ==
Weekly Interpreted Services, Abundant Life Apostolic Church

Abundant Life Apostolic Church
995 South Sawyer Road (Hwy P)
~ corner of Highways 18 and P ~
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin   53066   USA
(262) 965-5177
FAX: (262) 965-5179

http://www.alc1.org/alc1.htm

Regular Schedule:

Sunday Morning:
8:45 to 9:00 a.m.   Prayer
9:00 to 9:50 a.m.   Sunday School
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.  Worship & Preaching
Services are interpreted

Wednesday Evening:
7:00 p.m.  Worship & Preaching
7:00 p.m.  Children's Power Hour
(ages 5-12) every other Wednesday
Services are interpreted

Nursery:
For your convenience, our church provides
a nursery for children 3 years of age & under. We hope this will allow you & those around you to better enjoy the service.
   (Contributed by: Robert Gerbing, Abundant Life Apostolic Church)

== ONALASKA ==
Deaf Bible Study, Shepherd of the Hills Church, Onalaska

Onalaska, WI offers a Deaf Bible Study at Shepherd of the Hills Church the third Sunday of every month. Pastor Reinke (Deaf Pastor) drives from Madison to Onalaska to offer the deaf an opportunity to learn the word of the Lord and enjoy some socialization. We meet from 4:00pm to about 7:00. During this time we enjoy some socialization, food and clarification about the bible. Anyone is welcome and we encourage you to come. If you have any questions, you may contact myself or Pastor Stein (608) 783-0330. The address is 1215 Redwood, Onalaska, WI 54650.

Deaf Bible Study
Where:
Shepherd of the Hills Church
1215 Redwood
Onalaska, WI  54650

Time:
4:00pm - 7:00pm

Taught by:
Pastor Reinke (Deaf Pastor)

Questions? Contact:
Colleen Cudo cudoc@xxxxxxxx or (608) 789-6192
Pastor Stein (608) 783-0330

   (Contributed by: Colleen Cudo, WADNet Reader)

== OSHKOSH ==
Interpreted Worship, All Saints Lutheran Church, Oshkosh

You are invited to join us!

Interpreted worship at:
All Saints Lutheran Church
1027 Honeycreek Road, Oshkosh

Summer Schedule: 9:30 a.m. - 1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays
Fall/Winter Schedule (starts in September): 10:15 a.m. - 1st, 2nd and 4th Sundays

Pastor Gisele Berninghaus interprets on the 1st and 4th Sundays; another interpreter serves on the 2nd Sunday each month. There is no interpreted worship on the 3rd Sunday of each month; you are encouraged to come to Ecumenical Deaf Worship with Hands of Christ Deaf Ministry in Appleton (see under Appleton locations).

For more information, contact Pastor Gisele Berninghaus, hocdeaf@xxxxxxx or 920-968-1196 (Voice/TTY/VP).

   (Contributed by: Kathy Kamasky, WADNet Reader)

Interpreted Mass, St. Raphael Catholic Parish, Oshkosh

St. Raphael Catholic Parish in Oshkosh invites you to join them for an

Interpreted Mass – 6:00 PM
Every Sunday Evening
St. Raphael Catholic Parish
830 S Westhaven Drive
Oshkosh

   (Contributed by: Wendy Altmann, WADNet Reader)

== WEST BEND ==
Weekly Interpreted Services and Bible Studies, First Baptist Church, West Bend

First Baptist Church, of West Bend has all services and activities interpreted in sign language.

Sunday:
 9:30 A.M. Bible study
 10:30 A.M. Morning Service
 6:00 P.M. Evening Service.

Wednesday:
 7:00 P.M. Bible Study

Most all classes are taught by the Pastor using a video projector and power point notes and examples. This is very clear and easy to understand.
Come and visit, bring a friend. Rides available in the West Bend area.

Frank Rasmussen
First Baptist Church
224 Butternut St (street north of Pick& Save on Main street)
West Bend, WI 53095
262 675-9151 vc/tty
fdrur@xxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Frank Rasmussen, First Baptist Church, West Bend)

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO RECEIVE WADNET POST IN DIGEST MODE: To start receiving WADNet Posts in digest mode, simply send an email to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "set digest" in the subject line. Leave the body of the email blank. You should get a confirmation saying "set digest" and "Flag successfully set". After that, you will start receiving WADNet Post in digest instead of separate emails for each post.

TO STOP DIGEST AND GO BACK TO NORMAL EMAIL:
Send an email to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unset digest" in the subject line.  Leave
the body of the email blank.  You will get a confirmation showing "unset digest" and "Flag
successfully set".  And you'll go back to receiving normal emails from WADNet Post.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.