Towards Simplexity

  • From: Valley of the Geeks News <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Valley of the Geeks News <votg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks again for subscribing to the Valley of the Geeks monthly
newsletter.   We've had a lot of new visitors this month, many of whom
have seen links to the fake banner ads in various web logs from around
the world.  If you like the site, please spend a moment and vote for us
at the Webby Award People's Voice.  Click on the link below to register
your email address and enter www.valleyofthegeeks.com in the humor
category:
http://www.webbyawards.com/peoplesvoice/

This month's winner of FREE geek gear is not you.  It's not even
someone you know.  It's Paul S.

Here are links to some of the most recent stories.  New items are
posted weekly.

Towards Simplexity
IBM leads the industry in Open Enterprise Complexity
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/Simplexity.html

Microsoft: Remedy Could Cause Plagues
Hailstorm a precursor to Lice, Frogs, Boils, Locusts...
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/MSPlague.html

Even More Banner Ads We'd Like to See...
Apple: Products so cool we don't need customers
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/BannerAds3.html

Merrill Lynch Revises Stock Ratings
'POS' designation not always bad
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/MerrillLynch.html

Gigo Predicts New Predictions
The new new economy report
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/Gigo.html

The Unofficial Webby FAQ
But you can still vote for us in the People's Voice award
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Webby.html

Who Reads Valley of the Geeks?
Find out what David Gerrold, Dick DeBartolo and Bruce Eckel have in
common
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/About/Readers.html

Merger Mania
Know when to merge and when to purge
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/MergerMania.html

I2 CEO Greg Brady Resigns
Here's a story of a man named Brady...
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/GregBrady.html

Check out the latest in Humor and Business Books:
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Library/HumorBooks.html
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Library/Business.html

And don't miss these classic satires:

A Brief History of Napster
As told through the top 10 downloads on its last day of operation
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/HistoryOfNapster.html

Dear Scott:
Open letter to Scott McNealy
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/DearScott.html

The Valley of the Geeks Gear Shop now includes a classic RTFM golf
shirt.  So don't be dweeb, be a Geek!
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=votg

Feel free to forward this email to others with a sense of humor.

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

For more humor visit:
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com
High Tech Humor Served Fresh Occasionally

To unsubscribe at any time, use the following link:
or visit: http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/About/Newsletter.html

To subscribe to the Valley of the Geeks Newsletter use the following link:
mailto:votg-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe
or visit: http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/About/Newsletter.html

Please DO NOT reply to this email. Send feedback to
news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx