[voew-listserver] High Level Conference on "Growth in Transition" -- Call for Registration and Scientific Input]

  • From: Felix Rauschmayer <felix.rauschmayer@xxxxxx>
  • To: voew-listserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:37:13 +0100

*Growth in Transition - International Conference*
The conference will be held from 28 to 29 January 2010 in Vienna, Austria. Three Austrian Ministers and high profile speakers from all over the world have confirmed their participation.

Prosperity and quality of life call for economic strategies that are soundly financed, equitably allocated, that deal responsibly with the world's resources, while taking into account the material and immaterial needs of mankind.

We can achieve this goal by taking specific measures to alter the incentive systems and regulations of our national economies. While this is the responsibility of governments, the design of those measures must be the result of a wide public debate. The international conference in Vienna will confront views promoting further economic growth as a precondition for further development with those more skeptical about both the possibility and benefits of substantial growth rates to be sustained over the coming decades. It aims to start such a wide debate on "Growth in Transition" with various stakeholders and to contemplate first approaches, thereby taking a close look at themes such as

   * Money and the Financial System,
   * Growth and Resource Use,
   * Social Justice and Poverty,
   * Sustainable Production and Consumption,
   * Regional Aspects,
   * Macroeconomics for Sustainability,
   * Quality of Life/Measurement of Prosperity,
   * Work,
   * Governance, and
   * Sustainable Management

*Scientific Workshop*
A Scientific Workshop will be held to discuss the scientific underpinnings of both optimistic and more pessimistic views about the compatibility of economic growth and sustainable development (e.g. substantial reductions in resource use).

We kindly invite you to present your poster in our Poster session and to participate in the web-discussion in the run-up of the Workshop. For more information plrease visit http://www.growthintransition.eu/conference/scientific-workshop/

<http://www.growthintransition.eu/conference/scientific-workshop/>

*Programme, registration and discussion*
A detailed conference programme and the registration form is available on the website http://www.growthintransition.eu/conference/

The key themes mentioned above are also discussed on the internet (see http://www.growthintransition.eu/discussion-forum/)

--
Mag. Elke Pirgmaier

Researcher
Sustainable Europe Research Institute (SERI)
T: +43 1 969 07 28-13 / F: +43 1 969 07 28-17
E: elke.pirgmaier@xxxxxxx / W: www.seri.at/EP

Growth in Transition - workshops and international conference 2010
www.wachstumimwandel.at and www.growthintransition.eu

SERI Nachhaltigkeitsforschungs und -kommunikations GmbH
Firmensitz: Garnisongasse 7/21, A-1090 Wien, Austria
Firmenbuch: FN 254315 v / Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien