[vlug] Fwd: [Ilugc] Tamil Keyboard Layout for KTouch

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:37:14 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Balakrishnan.V <balakpm101@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Subject: [Ilugc] Tamil Keyboard Layout for KTouch
To: ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello to all,

KTouch <http://www.kde.org/applications/education/ktouch/> is an program to
improve our typing skill in all Languages. it has a feature of improving
level to different kind people like school students, college students, like
that. If we keep touch with KTouch we don't need to see the Keyboard while
typing. Also it gives exercise to all the Fingers instead of using Two
fingers usually.

I saw that the absence of Keyboard layout for Tamil i added it successfully.
Before they include that Layout in KTouch, we can practice by adding it
manually.

For this we have to add tamil Keyboard Layout in Our machine.
Here<
http://gnubala.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/adding-tamil-keyboard-layout-in-ubuntu/
have shown for Ubuntu 10.04 Machine it will help you. Now we can
install
KTouch, Debian based users Go for *# apt-get install ktouch*. After
installation, its the time to add tamil keyboard layout. There is no Tamil
Keyboard layout exists in Ktouch, for that we have to add it manually.
http://ubuntuone.com/p/zJN/  This link helps you to download Tamil Keyboard
Layout Which is Created by myself.

The Downloaded File consists of Tamil Layouts and Tamil Exercises to
practice. That Tamil Exercises are taken from Mr. Shakthimaan Kannan's
Website which is
http://www.shakthimaan.com/ta/downloads/computer/typing-1.0.tar.bz2 I would
like to thank him for the exercises.

Now copy the layouts and paste in the location : *
/usr/share/kde4/apps/ktouch* (These Directories will be created after
installation of KTouch). To Practice Tamil typing import the txt files to
KTouch. There are 15 Lessons in Tamil Exercise directory, after completing
these lessons we can type Tamil Without seeing the keyboard.

For Screenshots and More Explanations on Using KTouch-Tamil Keyboard Layout
Kindly go to =>
https://gnubala.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/added-tamil-keyboard-layout-in-ktouch/

Hope that hereafter you will learn to type tamil and avoid using
Transliteration. :)

Thank You.

--
With Regards,
V. Balakrishnan.

Wanna know about Kanchi Linux User Group!!!

http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

You can surf in these too...

http://gnubala.wordpress.com/
http://1day1cmd.wordpress.com/

Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh
PuduvaiLUG (puduvai Linux Users Group):
http://puduvailug.wordpress.com/

Visit the Blog to know  my experience with LINUX:
http://prasopensource.wordpress.com/

FOSS Jobs all over India:
http://fossjobs.in