[visurfacereader] Re: Virtual MIDI cabling and SurfaceReaderFW: visurfacereader: jbthornton91@xxxxxxxxx post needs approval

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visurfacereader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:51:22 +0100

Justin,

I'm assuming that you're using either Reaper's Mackie Control Universal
driver or Klinke's Mackie Control driver. In either case you need to make
sure that your BCF2000 is in Mackie mode. Try the following:

1 - Shutdown the computer and turn off the BCF2000;

2 - Hold down the fourth button from the left on the row of buttons
immediately under the V-Pot controls;

3 - Turn on the BCF2000 then let the button go. You should hear the faders
snap into position;

4 - Boot the computer and go into Reaper;

If Reaper still complains about not being able to access the control
surface:

1 - Check that the control surface entry you've got set up in Reaper's
Preferences dialog is using BCF2000 Port 1 for both its input and output
ports;

2 - If setting the ports corrects the problem, then change the port settings
to use LoopMIDI1 and LoopMIDI2 for the input and output, respectively, so
its ready for SurfaceReader.

If this doesn't get the unit going without involving SurfaceReader then I'll
need more information. Are you connecting the BCF2000 via its MIDI ports or
via USB? Have you installed the Behringer drivers for the unit (it will work
to a degree without these drivers, but you really need them for most things
to behave properly).

Best wishes.
Tim Burgess