[visurfacereader] Re: Hiding tracks in Sonar

  • From: Bill McCann <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visurfacereader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visurfacereader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:30:06 +0000

For those of you who use CakeTalking 8.8, see Lesson 14 in the main tutorial.
Earlier versions of CakeTalking may give information about hiding tracks and
buses in a different lesson.  Here's an excerpt from Lesson 14:

***

2. In the Track pane, pressing CONTROL + I, opens the Insert Delete Move Hide
Track Options dialog. In the Bus Pane, CONTROL + I opens the Insert or Delete
Bus Pane Options dialog list. You can select an option from the list in order
to insert tracks and buses. The options in the track pane are,
a. Insert Audio Track above current track.
b. Insert Audio Track at bottom of track pane.
c. Insert MIDI Track above current track.
d. Insert MIDI Track at bottom of track pane.
e. Open Clone Track dialog. Only works if there's an existing track.
f. Insert Folder Track above current track.
g. Delete only the current track.
h. Delete all selected tracks.
i. Move Tracks on Current Page. This allows you to move multiple tracks to
anywhere on the current page.
j. Hide/Unhide Tracks and buses. Opens the Track Manager dialog.
3. As has been documented earlier, to open the bus pane, press SHIFT + Extended
DOWN ARROW. And to close the bus pane and return to the track pane, press SHIFT
+ Extended UP ARROW. Now, when pressing F4 in the bus pane, the options in the
Insert or Delete Bus Pane Options dialog are,
a. Insert new bus above current bus.
b. Insert new surround bus above current bus.
c. Delete current bus.
d. Hide/Unhide Tracks and buses. Opens the Track Manager dialog.
4. If you have loaded the AAABlank template, then there are no tracks or buses
in the project yet. So when you press CONTROL + I in the Track pane, you will
see only 2 options. Namely, insert an audio track, and insert a MIDI track. But
after inserting a track, the Insert or Delete options dialog will display all 9
of its track pane options.

***

Regards,
Bill