[visionrehabtherapist] Re: talking thermostats

  • From: "Ross" <ssor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dietz1112@xxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:04:18 -0500

Sarah,
So far I have never felt the need to use those.  I find that most thermostats
can be tactually marked with fabric paint.   If it is one of the standard round
ones, I put a mark on the middle part where the pointer is and a mark right at
70 on the outer ring (or the client's choice of temperature).  These two marks
can be lined up visually or tactually.  They then use this marker as a point to
judge with.  If it is too warm, they can move the marker a distance below that
point -- if too hot a distance above that point.  I find that most people are
satisfied with this system, as opposed to being able to set the degrees to an
exact number.
Here are two examples of talking thermostats:
The Kelvin
http://www.enablemart.com/productdetail.aspx?store=10&pid=1412&dept=23
is $129.00
and so is the VIP
http://www.talkingthermostats.com/

A bottle of fabric paint costs just a few bucks and you could mark 100
thermostats with it.  Why waist the rehab money?
Ross