[visionrehabtherapist] Re: left handed stylus user??

  • From: Polly Abbott <polly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jadkins@xxxxxxxxx" <jadkins@xxxxxxxxx>, "peels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <peels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:56:58 -0500

I love teaching the slate and stylus (although sighted) and often refer to
Philip Mangold's manual, "Teaching the Slate and Stylus:  A manual for mastery"
which encourages lefties to hold the stylus in right hand.  I have taught 4
lefties in ten years and all but one found this comfortable.  The
rationalization is that the hands work together equally.  If you haven't read
Philip Mangold's great little manual, I highly recommend it--it is practical
and promotes a positive attitude towards the slate and stylus.

Polly Abbott CVRT, OMS
Guild for the Blind
Chicago, IL