[visionrehabtherapist] Working with Occupational Therapists

  • From: Kendra Farrow <KFarrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:42:40 +0000

Good Morning,

My agency has been working to offer OT services to our clients along with VRT
services. I am wondering if any of you are in similar situations. Years ago we
had many discussions about this topic and our attitude was not positive toward
this trend.  Now I feel this is here to stay and I would like to gather as much
information as I can about your experiences. How does it work at your
organization? After working with an OT, who does not have any vision
background, for 6 months, I feel this could be a positive improvement for our
customers if it is handled correctly.  If I can get some information together I
plan to share this information with all of you as you are most likely facing
similar situations. If you would rather e-mail me off list feel free. I know
this issue is very sensitive, but I want to face it head on.

Thank you for sharing any thoughts you have on this topic.
Kendra Farrow
Vision Rehabilitation Therapist

Susquehanna Association for the
Blind and Vision Impaired