[visionrehabtherapist] Re: > Maverick Voice Alert Digital Thermometer--has anyone had experience with this

  • From: Penny Reeder <penny.reeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx,<visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:08:36 -0500

Please respond to the list because I am wondering too. Does it speak when one sets the temperatures, i.e., can a person who cannot see set the temperature desired as well as hear the read out, and are the temperatures the latest (lower) ones recommended by the USDA, i.e., 160 for turkey breast, rather than the 180 which used to be the recommendation? I bought a similar-sounding remote thermometer from ILA a few years ago, so you would choose, say, turkey instead of a temperature. The temperatures associated with each different kind of food were based on the out-dated USDA recommendations. I could choose the food independently, but there was no way for me to change the temperature independently, although someone who could see could choose to cook by temperature rather than type of food. I never really liked this aspect of the thermometer, since I don't want to have to wait for someone who can see to assist every time I want to roast or grill something for dinner, and I finally added it to the give-away bag.

Penny

Just wondering if anyone has used this product?

<http://www.buy.com/prod/maverick-voice-alert-digital-thermometer-w-extra-hig>http://www.buy.com/prod/maverick-voice-alert-digital-thermometer-w-extra-hig