[visionegg] vertical sync?

  • From: Qian Xie <qian.xie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:01:26 -0400

Hi all,

VisionEgg reports the message below when I try to run my program:
"WARNING: Unable to detect or automatically synchronize buffer swapping with
vertical retrace. May be possible by manually adjusting video drivers. (Look
for 'Enable Vertical Sync' or similar.) If buffer swapping is not synchronized,
frame by frame control will not be possible. Because of this, you will probably
get a warning about calculated frames per second different than specified."

Here is the info on my video card:
INFO: OpenGL 3.2.9551 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series,
ATI Technologies Inc. (PyOpenGL 3.0.1)

I'm running this on a Windows XP machine with a LCD monitor 1909Wf as the
primary monitor (I'm running it with dual screen)

We are running a program that displays stimulus on the screen for certain
amount of time and then gets the reaction time from the participant. Will the
error above influence the accuracy of the results? Does this matter on a LCD
screen? Is this a hardware issue? How can I fix the error?

Thank you!
Xie