[visionegg] thanks, but corrections already done and

  • From: Christoph Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 09 May 2003 18:54:26 +0200

still some serious problems. See my latest mail "goodbye": the code
there has already been changed and equals the approach (2) you
recommended.

to me it really seems to be a problem with max_priority under linux.
with many stimuli and the main-loop running more than 8 minutes, I got
sometimes breaks up to 15seconds, while I hear my harddisk doing lot of
work. But with the changed code, I know now, that it is not the viewport
draw staff, this runs fine now, the breaks are at random anywhere and
must be due to some non-visionegg processes, not suppressed by
max_priority.

and: even if this could be fixed with max_priority I still have the
problem, that I don't get any mouse-events while running in max_priority
(I sent a mail to the SDL group, as you told me, but nobody answered me,
sniff). And: setting max_priority to max_priority - x (x between 1 and
98) doesn't enable to receive mouse-events.

thanks for help. and, nice you are back, Andrew..my hope

christoph

--
Christoph Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry