[visionegg] Re: py2app compatability?

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:44:41 -0700

Hi James,

Wow, no starting simple for you -- if you get multi_stim.py, probably the most complex demo to work, I'm confident you can get any other demo to work!

This strikes me as suspiciously similar to a py2exe problem I had not too long ago... The workaround was to manually add the following at the beginning of the file. There were also some shenanigans with the PyOpenGL version, which I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but it you hit the problem let me know and I can try and dig up the solution. I hope this helps:

import numarray
import numarray._bytes
import numarray._chararray
import numarray._conv
import numarray._converter
import numarray._ndarray
import numarray._numarray
import numarray._objectarray
import numarray._operator
import numarray._sort
import numarray._ufunc
import numarray._ufuncBool
import numarray._ufuncComplex32
import numarray._ufuncComplex64
import numarray._ufuncFloat32
import numarray._ufuncFloat64
import numarray._ufuncInt8
import numarray._ufuncInt16
import numarray._ufuncInt32
import numarray._ufuncInt64
import numarray._ufuncUInt8
import numarray._ufuncUInt16
import numarray._ufuncUInt32
import numarray._ufuncUInt64
import numarray.libnumarray
import numarray.libnumeric
import numarray.memory

James Hilger wrote:

I was hoping to build standalone applications out of Visionegg code on OS X (10.4.1) using py2app. Using one of the demo files as a test (multi_stim.py), I've found that I am unable to get py2app to function properly. I can get the app to build, but it won't run.

Here is the error I get in the console:
-----------------
2005-06-28 11:54:09,432 (5352) INFO: Script /Users/james/Documents/ Vision Egg/dist/multi_stim.app/Contents/Resources/multi_stim.py started Vision Egg 1.0-cvs with process id 5352.
Fatal Python error: Call to API function without first calling import_libnumarray() in Src/_convmodule.c
-----------------

I contacted Bob Ippolito (author of py2app) and he believes this error is NOT something py2app could cause on its own. Is there a way to get py2app to function properly using Visionegg? And if so, an example of how using one of the demo files would be great.

Thanks.
James

Andrew D. Straw  Post-doctoral scholar
,-.              Dickinson Lab
\_/              California Institute of Technology
8||}             Mailcode 138-78
/ \              Pasadena CA 91125, USA
`-^
                email:  astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx