[visionegg] Re: parallel code update: works fine...but

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:25:05 +1030

Hi Christoph,

I'm glad to hear you're having (some) success.

On my computer (tested under Win2K, but should be the same in linux as this is probably a hardware issue), LPT pins 12 and 13 float high. In other words, without a grounding input, they signal +5V. Perhaps this explains your behavior.

By the way, I forgot to mention yesterday that I added a bit of code to the DaqLPT module so that you can run it as a standalone python application. In this case, it enters an endless loop which changes the output of the parallel port and reports the input. This may help you understand the behavior of your parallel port.

Cheers!
Andrew

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 08:13 PM, Christoph Lehmann wrote:

the trigger_in.py now shows the gratings independent of the parallel
port input on pin12.

and I still cannot explain, why I measure a +5V on pin12 in rest (no
input on pin 12, ground on pin18).