[visionegg] Re: max priority: I need mouse and keyboard working, not only lpt

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 23:26:56 -0600

Christoph Lehmann wrote:

In max priority mode, I need mouse and keyboard working, not only lpt

I think the problem may be that the python/Vision Egg application gets maximum priority and shuts out all others, including X11. I think X11 must handle the mouse and keyboard presses before they get through to SDL/pygame/VisionEgg.

I think you have two options: 1) Try changing the priority value sent set_self_policy_priority() to something like "max_priority-1" (or less) instead of "max_priority". 2) Send an email to the SDL mailing list asking about getting events in X11 when you've set maximum priority. (You'll probably want to look in the swig_src/posix_maxpriority.c file to describe exactly how maximum priority was set -- sched_setscheduler() call.)

Cheers!
Andrew