[visionegg] Simple experiment guidance

  • From: Leo Trottier <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:02:39 -0400

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is too simple a question, but I was wondering what steps I should take to program a relatively simple experiment that does the following:

The experiment would consist of multiple blocks with multiple trials in each, varying conditions depending on the trial/block
Trial procedure would be as follows:
1) Display some simple objects and/or text and/or fixation cross
2) After an interval change the display to present other simple drawings (circles, boxes, etc.)
3) Record the precise response time of a button press to the events happening during 2).
4) Write the results of this trial to a file

Plain language instructions on how such an experiment would be organised (even in terms as broad as those used above) within Visionegg and/or an example program (I have already looked at almost all the demos) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Leo