[visionegg] Re: Removing *all* Controllers from a Presentation

  • From: Tony Arkles <tony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:42:56 -0600

Hmmm... Also a good way of doing it. But the fact that you've done it too implies to me that it might be a feature that needs to make it's way back into the core files :)

Also, I'm still kind of new to this, but I *think* the del loop may be unnecessary. I'm pretty sure that if you were to just "forget" about the existing list, python's garbage collector should deal with it properly.

Tony

Mark Halko wrote:

Tony,

I did this slightly differently by deriving my own class from the presentation class:

class NewPresentation(VisionEgg.FlowControl.Presentation):
    def remove_all_controllers(self) :
        if len(self.controllers) > 0 :
            for i in self.controllers :
                del i
            self.controllers = []
        self.num_frame_controllers = 0

I think this is also does what you're attempting to do. (without having to edit the visionegg core files).

Mark

On May 30, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Tony Arkles wrote:

Awww... I didn't properly highlight the changes I made. The "if" line directly above the highlighted area got changed too.

Tony