[visionegg] Re: Possible Fix for VisionEgg on Python 2.6

  • From: Bina Kakusa <africanwarrrior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:36:01 -0500

Hey Andrew,

I am developing around a software called PyCorder (that serves as a data
acquisition software for the EEG system in my Lab). It only runs under
Python 2.6 and that is why I've been searching for a Python 2.6 fix for
VisionEgg.

Bina

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Straw,Andrew <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Bina,

Can you upgrade to Python 2.7? Python 2.6 was last released in 2013,
whereas Python 2.7 will continue with fixes until 2020 (at least).

I haven’t tested with Python 2.6 for several years myself.

-Andrew

On 5 Jan 2016, at 3:06 PM, Bina Kakusa <africanwarrrior@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

It seems that PyOpenGL 3.1.1a1 may have fixed the previous bug preventing
VisionEgg from compiling/running in Pytohn 2.6. I was able to
compile/import/run some of the modules. Before I continue development, I
just wanted to see if someone more knowledgeable could test the stability
of this fix.

Thanks,
AW

Andrew D. Straw, Ph.D.
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP)
Vienna, Austria
http://strawlab.org/
Twitter: @strawlab