[visionegg] Interfacing visionegg and LabView

  • From: Markus Bongard <markus.bongard@xxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:07:04 +0200

gentle persons,

actually we're trying to interface to computers - one running labview 6.1, the other python/visionegg (connected via ethernet hub) - like in the example given in the contributions part of the visionegg webpage (http://www.visionegg.org/labview.html). To see how it works, we're simply using the Labview-Source (*.vi) and try to connect to the EPhysServer running on the second machine. (Addionally we like to integrate the control of visionegg in our labview-based data acquisition system, which is why we started with the labview sources.)

While this works perfectly with the given python example (ephys_server.py & ephys_gui.pyi) - while using the the labview enviroment gives 2 errors: One is "error 63 labview: the port serial port received too much data for its buffer. The connection is refused by the server" or "Error 1: wrong parameter in grating control". At this point we are more or less stuck. Any hints/advices/suggestion are highly welcome.

cheers,
Markus

Markus Bongard
Universidad Miguel Hernandez