[visionegg] Re: EEG triggers

  • From: Dav Clark <davclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:46:41 -0700

That lib depends on another parallel port lib being installed. I'm unaware of a
working one for mac. See the code snippet I've copied from DaqLPT.py below...

You might consider ditching the parallel port and using a lab-jack:

http://labjack.com/

They have great python drivers and the hardware is very low-latency. You can
get a simple parallel port adapter with screw terminals, or you can solder your
own connector.

Note also - LPT support on recent windows installs is painful and (in my
experience) simply doesn't work. So, I'd say your best bet would be a linux box
if you're committed to a true LPT port.

Dav

This is the import code for a parallel driver, note one URL points you to
geocities! Is it spam or is it bad web design? You be the judge!

if sys.platform == 'win32':
    try:
        # Dincer Aydin's module http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin
        import winioport as raw_lpt_module
    except ImportError:
        # Andrew Straw's module http://www.its.caltech.edu/~astraw/coding.html
        import dlportio as raw_lpt_module
elif sys.platform.startswith('linux'):
    import VisionEgg._raw_lpt_linux as raw_lpt_module
elif sys.platform.startswith('irix'):
### IRIX implementation not done, but possible
    raise NotImplementedError("VisionEgg.DaqLPT not implemented on IRIX")
##    import VisionEgg._raw_plp_irix
##    raw_lpt_module = VisionEgg._raw_plp_irix
else:
    raise RuntimeError("VisionEgg.DaqLPT not supported on this platform")