[visionary] Re: Justin Dart tribute

  • From: Carol Boyer <CBoyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'visionary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <visionary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:07:24 -0400

I like it, but the editor in me had to make a few minor adjustments. I moved
the We forgive section to the first area as the labeling, rejection, etc., I
believe, should come first. Then the fear, doubt, etc., part as coming after
the discrimination part. I also made some minor but I believe strongly word
crafting. See what you think. (I wasn't hired as an editor for U.S. Dept. of
Ed publications and taught objective writing at the university level for
nothing :-))

Carol

P.S. I cannot get the underlining out of my changes-the changes should not
be underlined, but at least you can see what and where they are. I'm working
from a borrowed keyboard and computer -mine blew up on Monday and it is
unbelievably slow and weird.

                We are working with AAPD to produce a leather-bound book of
tributes to
                Justin Dart. The entries will be taken from the guest book
we posted on the
                site. As part of this, Kenny crafted the following message
from the "iCan!
                family."
                -Nicole

                we are labeled, we are rejected, we are isolated, we are
denied access

                We forgive

                we fear, we doubt, we get discouraged, we take pride, we
protest

                We love

                we question, we probe, we rebel, we pray, we fight within
our ranks, we
                seek justice, we struggle

                We change the world

                We do not ask for permission to succeed for we know what is
right:

                quality of life, quality for self, civil rights for all, and
equal access to

                the American Dream is a birth right; and those that work
against it are society's enemy.

                We are soldiers, we are patriots, we have lost one of our
finest leaders--Justin Dart. Courage personified.

                We mourn, we heal, we draw strength from the life of a
revolutionary-

                We Lead On!

                The iCan! Family