[virusinfo] Troj/HideDial-E

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:24:10 -0800

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: Troj/HideDial-E
Aliases: Generic BackDoor.o, Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibser.c,
Trojan.Downloader.Tibser-3
Type: Trojan
Date: 28 March 2005

A virus identity (IDE) file which provides protection is
available now from the Sophos website, and will be incorporated
into the May 2005 (3.93) release of Sophos Anti-Virus.

Customers using EM Library, PureMessage or any of our Sophos
small business solutions will be automatically protected at
their next scheduled update.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received a small number of
reports of this Trojan from the wild.

Note: The IDE file issued for Troj/HideDial-E on 28 March at
16:00 GMT also contained detection for Troj/Riler-F,
Troj/Pisaboy-A, Troj/Exemas-A, Troj/Skulls-F, Troj/Locknut-B,
XM97/Yini-A and Troj/Agent-CS. This IDE has now been updated to
enhance detection of Troj/Agent-CS.

Information about Troj/HideDial-E can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojhidediale.html

Troj/HideDial-E is a dialler-related Trojan.
Troj/HideDial-E drops and runs a dialler (detected by Sophos as Dial/Tibsys-A)
which attempts to connect to a premium-rate phone number for pornographic
material. The Trojan runs in the background and attempts to conceal the dialler
application by hiding windows that the dialler would usually display.
Troj/HideDial-E copies itself to the Windows system folder as TIBS3.EXE and
creates the following registry entry in order to run itself on system logon or
startup:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
tibs3
<Windows system>\tibs3.exe
The dialler is dropped in the Windows system folder as _T.EXE.
The Trojan may also create or alter registry entries in the following location:
HKCU\Software\WebSiteViewer
The Trojan may drop and run a file TIBS3.BAT to delete the original file after
it is copied to and executed within the Windows system folder.

This IDE file also includes detection for:

Troj/Riler-F
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojrilerf.html
Troj/Pisaboy-A
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojpisaboya.html
Troj/Exemas-A
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojexemasa.html
Troj/Skulls-F
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojskullsf.html
Troj/Locknut-B
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojlocknutb.html
XM97/Yini-A
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/xm97yinia.html
Troj/Agent-CS
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojagentcs.html

Download the IDE file from:
http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/hidedi-e.ide

Download all the IDE files available for the current version of
Sophos Anti-Virus in a single compressed file. The file is
available in two formats:

Zip file:
http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/ides.zip

Self-extracting file:
http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/ides.exe

Read about how to use IDE files at
http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/using.html

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member