[vipaudioaccess] Re: Best Way to Record Streaming Video?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vipaudioaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 10:16:43 -0500

so far, i'm using the automatic mode and it's working great.

At 02:50 AM 2/8/2017, you wrote:

No. It has an icon on the desktop. Just activate it then go to what you want to record, play it and it records it. Also you can just put the URL in an edit field to record and it will work that way also.

On 2/7/2017 8:12 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
thanks, i'll check that one out too.
Once installed, does it just show up in IE's menus?
Thanks
Chris

At 08:02 PM 2/7/2017, you wrote:
Hi,

I am using Replay Media Catcher - Applian Technologies. I think I payed about $29. Not sure.

Works well but sometimes buggers IE and I have to go to tools, internet options, advanced properties restore advanced settings to get it to connect to the net.

On 2/7/2017 4:39 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
Hi folks.

I don't have a physical board, before someone asks that. (grin)

What plugin or process are people using to record streaming video these days? More and more sites that sell instructional videos, lectures, etc. are streaming only now, without a download option. I'm not talking about Youtube here, but paid products on various other sites.

I used to have a handy Firefox add-on that let me save directly, rather than recording to another program like an audio editor, but it seems not to work, or they have gotten rid of the keyboard shortcuts I once used.

I assume I can also get Sound Forge to record the monitor out of my Focusrite Saffire Pro26, although I haven't done this before with this particular interface. Simply downloading the video to disc would be prefered, after all, it's downloading anyway as I watch, just not being kept.

So, what are folks using?

By the way, on a similar topic, I'm now using this site for saving youtube videos to audio. They don't just do mp3, but most formats, including FLAC.
https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter
so you can at least save to a lossless format and not incur further compression.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris

- For more list options, like setting digest and vacation modes, visit
//www.freelists.org/list/vipaudioaccess
- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/vipaudioaccess

--

Sincerely