[vip_students] Re: skype info

  • From: "Jackie McBrearty" <jackiemcb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:03:33 +0100

Hey Tony.
I got this information off the skype website to do with windows 98 however, it
may have been updated since then but not sure. a person must have asked :
Can I use Skype with Windows 98 or Windows ME?

Because it hasn't been fully tested, we have not yet certified Skype for use
with these operating systems. Skype may work with Windows 98 (Win98) or ME

but we cannot yet guarantee compatibility. Some WinME/9x video (and possibly
others) drivers tend to use 100% of processor for their needs for relatively

long periods of time. This can cause the audio quality to degrade
significantly. In addition, WinME/9x does not offer full unicode support, which
means

that some things may not display properly. Skype does not work on WinNT at the
moment. We may support these platforms in the future and will make any future

announcements on our website.

 hope this answers your question.

yours Jackie  ----- Original Message -----